Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  membership business plans

Posted 07-06-2020 09:29 PM
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if any other museums out there have some sample membership business plans that they have used or have come up with their own specifically for membership.  We are revamping our membership program and just looking for some resources.
    Thanks,

Shirley Brilliant

------------------------------
    Shirley Brilliant
    Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum- California State University, Long Beach
    Long Beach CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: membership business plans

Posted 07-07-2020 10:09 AM
    Shirley, It is great to hear that you are developing a Membership Business Plan!  We highly recommend doing exactly that for all programs.  We perform Membership Audits and Strategic Plans for our clients.  Unfortunately because of confidentiality reasons we cannot share those plans.  But your request is very timely!  We normally host on-site seminars and Membership Planning, but this year, we are going virtual.  In fact, the seminar is this week July 8 - 10 from 12:30 to 4:00 Central time each day.  There is a $150 fee.  Here is a link to register if you are interested.  https://bit.ly/MCSeminar2020Online

The seminar is entitled:  Membership Marketing: Strategic Planning for Success and there is also a Membership book I co-wrote that is also available:  Membership Marketing in the Digital Age.   I hope these resources help you on your planning journey!

Dana Hines
    Vice President Membership Marketing

Membership Consultants, A Gabriel Group Company
    Earth City MO
    Dana.Hines@gabrielgroup.com

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: membership business plans

Posted 07-07-2020 10:41 AM
    Hi Shirley,
    I consult with museums of all types and sizes on membership and audience development, and I'd be happy to share some background on the critical components of a business plan that may be helpful as you're developing your membership plan. 

In my new book, Museum Membership Innovation: Unlocking Ideas for Audience Engagement and Sustainable Revenue, I discuss forward-looking opportunities for membership, including pricing, messaging, benefits, and metrics. 

I also co-authored book on membership strategy titled Membership Marketing in the Digital Age: A Handbook for Museums and Libraries that covers all aspects of a membership plan (e.g. renewals, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, projections, etc). 

Let me know if you'd like to jump on a call sometime to chat. 

Be well,

Rosie Siemer
    303-880-7105