Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Past Perfect or Catalog-it?

Posted 09-17-2021 03:28 PM

The Swope Art Museum has a collection of American art of about 2,500: paintings, works on paper; sculptures and a library of about 1500  volumes and several hundred uncatalogued letters and other paper items.  We have been using an older version of Past Perfect and are considering moving to a cloud based software, either Past Perfect or Catalog-It.  We are interested in any experiences and recommendations.  Thank You

------------------------------
    Fred Nation
    Executive Director
    Swope Art Museum
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Fred
    Nation@Swope.org
    812-238-1676 ext 113
    Terre Haute
    Indiana, USA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Past Perfect or Catalog-it?

Posted 09-21-2021 10:39 AM
    Hi Fred, 

Have you looked at Collector Systems? It is a cloud based database too. I've used it at two different institutions for art and history collections and have really liked it! You can also share your collection online with it. 

Kali Mason
    Curator, Perot Family Collections
    Dallas TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Past Perfect or Catalog-it?

Posted 09-21-2021 01:30 PM
    I'd like to throw Artwork Archive in the ring, Fred!

Many of our museum clients have made the switch from Past Perfect to our online art collection management database here at Artwork Archive. Their reasons being: cloud-based tools, ease-of-use, affordability, customer support, and the ability to easily share out their collections to the public. Plus, data migration is part of every organization plan so we help you get up and running quickly.

There are many other benefits to using Artwork Archive and I'd be happy to give you a demo of our platform if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Elysian

elysian@artworkarchive.com
    --

Elysian McNiff Koglmeier
    (978) 290-2732

• 4.  RE: Past Perfect or Catalog-it?

Posted 09-22-2021 08:30 AM
    I am a fan of Collective Access and open source system. We have a small collection (under 3,000) and its been perfect. No problems, great support, and we can cross reference with our Archives and Rare Books.

Joan Baldwin
    Curator-Special Collections - The Hotchkiss School
    Lakeville CT

• 5.  RE: Past Perfect or Catalog-it?

Posted 09-22-2021 09:41 AM

Thank you.