Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Salesforce CRM System

Posted 06-24-2020 07:07 PM

Have you (or know of anyone)  been involved in any major systems deployments in a museum? 

We are replacing RE and installing Salesforce and are jumping from mail chimp to a full blown marketing automation system and are trying to finalize the programming.  Any input for lessons learned would be very helpful.
    Thank you in advance for your input

------------------------------
    Marie Jackson
    Chief Marketing Officer
    Computer History Museum
    Mountain View CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Salesforce CRM System

Posted 06-25-2020 09:23 AM
    We have also recently begun using Salesforce to run our traveling exhibits program. Because we don't use the program for fundraising, the NPSP isn't applicable to us, but others have found it useful. My advice is to plan as much as you can in advance. Figure out all of the reports and data you will need to pull from the system and be sure the CRM is built to include that data. Good luck!

Michelle Wright
    Traveling Exhibits Sales Manager
    Minnesota Children's Museum
    Saint Paul MN

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Salesforce CRM System

Posted 06-25-2020 09:36 AM
    Marie,

I've overseen 3 salesforce implementations, along with a few other CRM and Mailchimp implementations, in addition to actively building the environmental monitoring software for Conserv. I've had implementations go well and not so well, so for what it's worth two perspectives that have helped me.

Start very small and build incrementally over time. Full-blown marketing automation tools can feel pretty overwhelming (to me). Whatever i felt small should be in the beginning I've found it helpful to do even less, which in some strange twist has helped us do more over the long-term.

Get lots of feedback from the ppl who are going to use the CRM. It's surprisingly easy to build something that people won't use (i've learned this the hard way a few times!) Happy to share how we approach getting and responding to feedback, not just once but over and over again.

Hope all goes smoothly.

Best,
    Austin

Austin Senseman
    CEO @ Conserv
    Birmingham, AL
    asenseman@conserv.io
    (m) 205-222-2847

• 4.  RE: Salesforce CRM System

Posted 06-26-2020 10:05 AM
    We are considering transition to Hubspot or Salesforce for CRM, does anyone have experience using both systems? I know that a lot of people use Salesforce but nobody seems to actually like it. Are there any pros to the system?

Hannah Meyer
    Assistant Director of Visitor Experience and Special Events
    Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
    New Haven CT