Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Collections Management Software Survey

Posted 03-10-2020 12:43 PM
    Edited by Nathaniel Fowles 03-12-2020 08:51 PM
    Greetings,
    I am a graduate student at the University of Houston working on a research project about collections management software. I picked this topic because I am interested in the ways cultural institutions are creating an inventory of their collection. I plan on surveying registrars and collections managers to learn more about this important skill.

Would you be willing to fill out a short survey about collections management software at your institution? I would be happy to send you the link if you are interested in helping me with this research project!

Also, please let me know if you have any ideas about how I can reach registrars or collections managers beyond this forum. I have just started researching collections management software so any ideas about research would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nate
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Collections Management Software Survey

Posted 03-10-2020 06:27 PM
    Hi,
    I suggest that you have a look at these Web pages by CHIN as they cover the subject.  The checklist helps people ask the right questions.
    --
    ___
    iPad
    Jean-Luc Vincent

Administrateur du SIA
Direction des collections, de la conservation et de la restauration
    Direction générale des affaires autochtones et du patrimoine culturel
    Parcs Canada, Gouvernement du Canada
    2630, chemin Sheffield, Ottawa, Ontario, K1B 3V7
    Messages: jeanluc.vincent.parcsparks@gmail.com / Cell. 613-720-4418 / Fax 613-990-6627

AIS Administrator
Collections, Curatorial and Conservation Branch  
Indigenous Affairs and Cultural Heritage Directorate
    Parks Canada, Government of Canada
    2630 Sheffield Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1B 3V7
    Messages: jeanluc.vincent.parcsparks@gmail.com / Cell. 613-720-4418 / Fax 613-990-6627

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Collections Management Software Survey

Posted 03-11-2020 03:12 PM

Hi Nate,

I handle collections management at a small, rural museum in Ohio.  I'd be happy to take your survey.  Feel free to email me at info@crfmuseum.com

------------------------------
    Kenny Libben , Curator
    Cleo Redd Fisher Museum - Mohican Historical Society
    Loudonville OH

• 4.  RE: Collections Management Software Survey

Posted 07-28-2020 09:13 AM

My research paper on collections management software is complete and I would be willing to share it.  Send me a message with your email and I will forward it to you.

I am also looking to get in touch with Houston area museum professionals to discuss career paths- do you know someone in the area?

Nathaniel Fowles
    DICKINSON TX