Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  ​Donor Recognition

Posted 12-18-2019 10:29 AM

How does your museum recognize the different levels of monetary donors? Are there any unique ways besides just sending a thank you letter?
    I am open to all and any ideas.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Lisa Petitta
    Collection Manager
    Solders & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum
    Pittsburgh Pa
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: ​Donor Recognition

Posted 12-20-2019 11:47 AM

Hi Lisa,
    While we are still in the process of pulling our Museum together, I have been doing fundraising for my non-profit for the last ten years, raising money for monuments to the Korean War Horse, Sgt Reckless.  Some of the things that have worked for me have been putting the names on a "Donor Wall" on our website based on the amount of monies donated. No matter what the amount, their name is on there. You can go tohttps://sgtreckless.com/Reckless/Donor_Wall-KHP.html and see what I mean. People love it. I also give a special Certificate of Thanks & Appreciation to all of them, and I try to find some small "gift" for each of the levels. On each of the monuments we had a Donor Plaque for those that gave over $5,000. I know that's unique to the monument, but we will be doing something similar for our museum as we get going. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

Robin Hutton
    Author - President of Non Profit
    santa rosa valley CA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more