Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Decision Making in Museums

Posted 11-11-2020 09:29 AM

Greetings,

I am Jeff Marshall, a doctoral candidate at Vanderbilt University in the Ed.D. program on Leadership and Learning in Organizations. My Capstone project is to help a member of AAM develop an effective decision support system. As part of my research for the capstone, I have a survey to gather information on how museums make decisions:

• What data do they use?
    • What tools do they use such as business intelligence and decisions support systems?
    • How structured is the decision-making process?
    • Does the museum do strategic planning and is the decision-making process tied into it?
    I will provide the results of the survey and other documents, such as the literature review for the capstone to any who request it. If this group wants, I will also post the results to this group.

The survey URL is https://peabody.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bJGAv8dQAwSojVX. The survey is primarily multiple choice/Likert Scale and should take less than 20 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.
     Jeffery Marshall
    Vanderbilt University
    Ed,D, Candidate

------------------------------
    Jeffery Marshall
    Williamsburg VA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Decision Making in Museums

Posted 11-18-2020 05:47 AM
    Hello,
    I have 5 responses to the survey and really need at least 30. If you could take some time to do the survey, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.
     Jeffery Marshall
    Vanderbilt University
    Ed.D. Candidate

Jeffery Marshall
    Williamsburg VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more