Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Environmental Graphic Designers

Posted 07-21-2016 07:09 AM

For developing/designing way-finding signage for our historic landmark site, we are interested in recommendations for environmental graphic designers who have created contemporary design solutions for older buildings and sites. We would especially appreciate references to firms or individuals who have worked in central New York State.

Many thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Kevin Coffee
    Oneida Community Mansion House
    Oneida, NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Environmental Graphic Designers

Posted 07-22-2016 11:00 AM

I've worked with Poulin & Morris and can say they are an exceptional firm for environmental graphics. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find anyone better.

John McMillan

Contact for Poulin & Morris: douglas@poulinmorris.com

John McMillan
    President
    McMillan Group, Inc.
    Westport CT

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Environmental Graphic Designers

Posted 07-25-2016 06:31 PM

All outline and Morris are very good. If you are looking for environmental graphic designers, use the search at the society of experiential graphic designers. We changed the name from environmental to experiential 3 years ago to include all our members doing digital content heavy story telling!

segd.org

clive roux
    CEO
    Society For Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD)
    Washington DC

• 4.  RE: Environmental Graphic Designers

Posted 07-26-2016 07:06 AM

Thanks Clive, and to all, for the recommendations. Indeed, I started my search with the SEGD database before posing the question here (the client-side, if you will).

I think we have a good short-list now.

best regards,

Kevin Coffee
    Oneida Community Mansion House
    Oneida, NY

• 5.  RE: Environmental Graphic Designers

Posted 08-10-2016 01:53 PM

Have you talked to Volume Design in San Francisco? They've developed environmental graphics programs for Yerba Buena, the Boy Scouts, Bloomberg, The California Academy of Arts & Sciences, etc. ..  . Beautiful work. Volume Inc.

Volumesf remove preview
    Volume Inc.
    Welcome to Volume Inc.
    View this on Volumesf >

Best,

Jennifer Rittner

Jennifer Rittner
    Design Business Consultant
    Montclair NJ