Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Instagram

Posted 06-13-2016 04:52 PM

I am preparing an Instagram social media strategy to visually communicate and to reach new audiences within the Latin America and the Caribbean Region focusing on emerging art, artists, art venues and art markets.

I would like to receive suggestions and recommendations from any of you dealing with this. In particular I would like to receive insights about the type of conversations, the hashtags that are preferred and the discoveries that you have been able to make by using this tool.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration. It will allow me to better adjust the strategy.

Regards,

ELBA AGUSTI

ELBA AGUSTI

Office of External Relations

Culture, Solidarity and Creativity Division

Inter-American Development Bank

Tel: (202) 623-1239

cid:a682cbee-9e77-cdc6-1f1d-d06701b995a2

1300 New York Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20577
    www.iadb.org

@BID_idear

------------------------------
    Elba Agusti
    IDB Cultural Center
    Washington DC
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Instagram

Posted 06-15-2016 09:03 AM

Hello Elba,

There are two very important ingredients in creating a successful Instagram account. First is relevance to your audience and second, excellent photography.

If you haven't already, consider creating an audience persona or profile that outlines who your target audience is for Instagram. Here's a guide to creating a social media persona: The Beginner's Guide to Creating Marketing Personas | Buffer

Once you've identified the interests, motivators and demographics of your audience, create a content calendar to help you outline what you'll post - for at least a month. You can always change things up, but having a baseline plan will help you be more prepared, get better photos and seek out opportunities.

If you can enlist the help of others in your museum to help you shoot photos and suggest ideas, it will make the account more sustainable over time. Creating a recurring meeting to check in and share the content calendar will really help with this.

Working with a professional photographer is dreamy, but not always realistic on a museum budget. But, definitely taking the time to make sure the shots are as good as they can be will help them get shared.

And, don't forget to think about tagging other orgs, visitors, members, etc. in photos to increase your reach!

If you'd like any help in getting this project started, I would love to talk with you further about it. Feel free to reach out.

Best,

Despi Ross
    Founder & Lead Strategist

The Museum Playbook
    despi.ross@museumplaybook.com

www.museumplaybook.com

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more