Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Benchmarking for Museum Stores

Posted 05-31-2016 08:00 AM
    Hello,

I am the General Manager of Retail for a group of four museums including two art museums. I am interested in collecting data from other art museums retail stores for a benchmarking project. The information I am seeking includes annual sales and profit, museum visitation numbers, capture rate, average sale and sales & profit trend last 5 years.
    If you are willing and able to share this information please feel free to contact me directly via my work email address:
    Braszol@carnegiemuseums.org

Thank you,
    Lori

Sent from my iPhone

The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Benchmarking for Museum Stores

Posted 06-03-2016 08:38 AM

Lori,

The Museum Store Association (MSA) has compiled much of this information in their 2014 Retail Industry Report available through www.museumstoreassociation.org

If you decide to compile the information yourself, may I suggest you define the terms precisely. For example, 'visitation' is collected in many different ways that results in widely different totals which, in turn, affects capture rate, revenue per visitor, etc

------------------------------
    Andrew Andoniadis
    Museum Store Consultant
    Andoniadis Retail Services
    Portland OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Benchmarking for Museum Stores

Posted 06-06-2016 02:54 PM

Lori,

I saw Andrew Andoniadis replied to your post. Just FYI, I highly recommend Andrew Andoniadis should you need help from a museum store consultant 

Karen Witter 

Former Associate Director, IL State Museum 

------------------------------
    Karen Witter
    Independent Museum Consultant