Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creative Donor Wall

Posted 05-26-2016 09:18 AM
    Can anyone share their creative use of donor walls? We are researching the best way to utilize a donor wall in terms of technology, updating of information, growth potential, etc. We do not have a wall, but want to create one that is forward thinking and allows for easy updating and growth. Thanks! wendi

--
    wendi c. davis
    Community Engagement Coordinator

UWF Historic Trust
    PO Box 12866
    Pensacola, FL 32591
    P: 850.595.5985 ext. 111
    F: 850.595.5989

Help us Keep Pensacola History Alive...Become a Member Today!
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Creative Donor Wall

Posted 05-27-2016 10:42 AM

Wendi, I have a couple of digital donor wall projects that I could share with you. One "wall" uses an LCD display with reactive technology for visitors to "play" with digital donor tiles. Another project (currently being produced) integrates 4 uniquely shaped monitors with traditional, printed panels. Both options allow for ongoing digital updates. If you would like to discuss these ideas, please feel free to contact me any time.

------------------------------
    Jeff Peden
    Anode Inc.
    Nashville TN
    (615) 742-1490

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Creative Donor Wall

Posted 05-29-2016 09:53 PM

Hello Wendi,

Check out Paul Orselli's blog post about creative donor walls. He's found some good ones!

Giving Thanks and Thanksgiving | ExhibiTricks: The Museum Exhibit Design Blog

Orselli remove preview
    Giving Thanks and Thanksgiving | ExhibiTricks: The Museum Exhibit Design Blog
    This is the time of the year in the U.S. that we celebrate Thanksgiving, a holiday meant to remind us of all the people and things in our lives that we have to be thankful for. Despite the turmoil in the world, I do feel very thankful for my family, my work, and the friends I share my life with.
    View this on Orselli >

Enjoy!

Paul N. Pallansch
    Dot-Connector,
    Up-Close Realism
    Silver Spring MD

• 4.  RE: Creative Donor Wall

Posted 05-31-2016 01:40 PM

Hi Wendi,

We have not done any donor recognition that used digital technology (mainly because we have been finding that institutions and or donors want to see their names in a more "permanent" way.  Although that's not to say that there are not good examples of this out there.  We did do a donor wall recently at the Chazen Museum of Art in the entrance vestibule which was made up of deeply engraved stainless steel plates that stand 1/2″ off the wall in a track system which allowed them to be slid out and or added to and changed if need be.  There are a few images on the manufacturers web site that are not great. (not sure if the lighting was in place at the time) http://custommetals.com/home/signs/chazen-museum/.  I have also attached a low res. image here but let me know if you would like me to share the detail with you or if you would like any design help from our firm.

best regards,

Stephanie

Stephanie RandazzoDwyer AIA
    Architect - Principal
    Machado and Silvetti Associates
    Boston MA
    617-426-7070 x167