Open Forum

View Only

Paper Art: Tips for Membership Benefits?

• 1.  Paper Art: Tips for Membership Benefits?

Posted 05-10-2016 05:09 PM

Hello, fellow AAM members -

I recently renewed my membership here, am new to the forums, and am looking for advice / tips. As Bulletin editor and board member of a niche arts organization—IAPMA, the International Association of Hand Paper Makers and Paper Artists—I'm helping a subcommittee plan a new Institutional Membership level. Because IAPMA currently offers only individual and student memberships, designed to let artists publish a profile and post images of their work in the online gallery, the institutional-level membership requires an entirely new model.

After speaking with several curators and librarians at various professional conferences, I proposed to the board that we create a membership level that would let an institution automatically receive the annual print Bulletin and bimonthly digital Newsletter, as well as publish a profile for their organization. My question to you: if your institution collects / displays / deals with paper art / handmade paper / works on paper, what other Institutional-level membership features would make this an attractive opportunity for you?

We've also launched a Crowdfunding campaign to help support our annual print publication, the IAPMA Bulletin, which will run until this Sunday, May 15. You can learn more about the organization and its publications through the Indiegogo site, gallery, and video.

Thanks in advance for any tips as we forge into this new territory with the goal of connecting to more paper-art fans worldwide.

Warm regards -

Alta

Editor, the IAPMA Bulletin

------------------------------
    Alta L. Price
    ALP Editorial Consulting and Translation
    PO Box 1236
    LIC, NY 11101
    USA

Tel. US +1 240 401 8581
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more