Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Admission Control

Posted 04-28-2016 01:15 PM

Hello All,

I am interested in receiving suggestions for admission controls in lieu of tickets or wristbands.  Since our visitor center is adjacent to a park and active hiking trail, I am concerned about litter making its way to the trail. Hand stamps have been a suggestion. Has anyone had success with these, and it so can you recommend a vendor?

------------------------------
    Mark Thorne
    Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park
    Program Manager
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Admission Control

Posted 04-28-2016 01:36 PM

Mark,

I am working through the same question for one of our major signature events. Traditionally we've punched tickets we have been designed as souvenirs, but those do occasionally get lost in the event. A few self-inking stamps I'm looking at are:

They look like they have a long life and can be customized. I'm trying to avoid constantly having to re-ink pads. Our event isn't until to July, so I'm eager to hear from others or yourself, if you try something first!

Allison Clark
    Visitor Experience Manager
    Minnetrista
    Muncie IN

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Admission Control

Posted 04-28-2016 03:09 PM

Alison,

Thank you for your feedback. If I find any additional options/information I will make to share.

Good luck with your event.

Regards

Mark Thorne
    Program Manager

• 4.  RE: Admission Control

Posted 04-29-2016 11:34 AM

Hi Mark - 

It's great that you're keeping the surrounding areas in mind! I think stamps are a great alternative; however, having used stamps in the past in a different museum I used to work at, I found that a large number of patrons did not like being forced to have their skin inked. If you are working towards stamps in the future, I would recommend keeping an alternative for those who adamantly refuse to have their skin inked. It's a little extra effort, but I found the patrons to respond very positively when recognizing our inclusive efforts. 

Deborah Mariscal
    Visitor Services & Membership Manager
    Petersen Automotive Museum