Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Program ideas for music video exhibition

Posted 04-12-2016 07:21 AM

I am looking for ideas for programming with our upcoming exhibit that will be on view for most of the summer. The curator would like to have the galleries activated with musical performances.

The exhibition presents female music video artists who investigate and create a compilation of sounds that are harmonious and dissonant. We are working on multiple threads to connect the public.  Suggestions appreciated.

------------------------------
    Miriam Machado
    Education Curator
    Frost Art Museum at Florida International University
    Miami FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Program ideas for music video exhibition

Posted 04-13-2016 02:39 PM

To schedule a video to play at different times of the day and days of the week you can use Windows Scheduler (Schedule a task - Windows Help) You can schedule videos to play at different times of the day using this you can might be able to select the video file directly or link to a video play with a playlist.

Not sure if this will work or if its what your looking for but I built a Motion detector that is connected to a computer.  You can have it trigger the video to play when a person walks into the exhibition.  I can give you the plans and code needed I can also provide the 3D model that I designed so you can 3D print a case for the motion detector.  I used this for a video that is outside of an office.  When someone triggers the motion detector the volume will increase until the video is over then will low the volume. 

Raymond

Raymond Stivala
    Manager of Web/Multimedia Development
    The Newark Museum
    Newark NJ

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more