Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Southeastern regional exhibit shipping companies

Posted 04-07-2016 10:42 AM

Hello everyone,

After years of working with various regional shipping companies for exhibit and artifact shipment (and with wildly varied results), I'm starting a fresh list. Is anyone able to recommend and vouch for exhibit shipping companies with offices in the Southeast with familiarity with, sensitivity to, and (if necessary) the ability to wrap and pack collection materials? So far, USArt is the only entry on my list, and I'd like to explore more.

I appreciate any recommendations!

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Emilie Arnold
    Assistant Curator of Exhibits
    Orange County Regional History Center
    Orlando FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Southeastern regional exhibit shipping companies

Posted 04-08-2016 06:33 AM

Hi Emilie, 

My company The Shipping Monster offers logistics to the exhibition and art community. 

We are based in Atlanta, our services include transport by road, air and ocean. International services such

as Customs and ATA Carnets. We also have storage for your dark exhibit. 10,000sq ft of dry storage and 3000sq ft of climate control. 

Please add us to your list! 

Kind Regards
    Robert

Robert Aspinall
    Founder & CEO 
    www.theshippingmonster.com
    M- +1 404 576 7296

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Southeastern regional exhibit shipping companies

Posted 04-10-2016 07:49 AM

You might also consider CRST Specialized Transport. They handled the Tut exhibitions, among other things. The provide a range of services. I don't have a contact for your region, but I'm sure they'll direct you to the right person. 

http://www.crst.com/companies/specialized-transportation/

Charity Counts
    Executive Director
    Association of Midwest Museums
    Indianapolis, IN