Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Case Lighting

Posted 07-26-2018 09:49 AM

Hi Alan.

go to www.aan-us.org and under resources search the marketplace for lighting designers. I'm sure there is some one in Portland with the proper lighting talent to solve your problem.

------------------------------
    Richard Chamberlain
    Managing Director
    Available Light, Inc.
    Salem MA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Case Lighting

Posted 01-22-2016 09:06 AM

Alan,

The small scale of LED lighting heads makes it easier to position the light sources very close to the front of the casework plane.

This is critical to reduce shadowing often caused by direct overhead positioning. The second consideration is "visual modeling" of 3-D artifacts.  This can be accomplished by using two lighting sources of different lumen intensity, a primary and a secondary, to lend drama, dimension and clarity to form and detail.  I hope my experience is helpful.  Ask your lighting consultant for examples of their casework projects.

Heat, proper venting and general light intensity are critical conservation considerations as well.

Good hunting,  Ed

Edward Krent
    Museum Experience Consultant
    KRENT DESIGN
    Sharon MA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more