Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Film Use Contracts

Posted 12-15-2015 10:05 AM

Greetings! I am chairing a session at the upcoming Virginia Association of Museum's conference on filming in museums, the pros and cons. Since all of the panelists are from historic house museums/historic sites, I am looking for examples (and commentary is welcome!) of Film Contracts from other types of museums, namely mid-to large history museums and art museums. In the session we are attempting to cover the small film crew one day documentary shoot all the way up to the several-month long motion picture shoot with large numbers of cast and crew -so examples of any documents that cover either or both scenarios are welcome. As I said we are looking for sample documents to share with attendees (your institution's name can be deleted from the document if desired) but would welcome any examples of good and bad experiences that we could pass along, either as from an anonymous source or with permission we would cite your institution. Any assistance is appreciated!

Laura Willoughby

Historic Sites Coordinator

Newport News Parks, Recreation and Tourism

Newport News, VA

lwilloughby@nnva.gov

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more