Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-10-2015 08:23 AM

Hello,

Our IT Department is working on developing a 3-5 year technology plan/strategy that would include basic infrastructure as well as programmatic and collection needs within our Library & Archives and Collection departments. Does anybody know of any resources or examples that would be useful in helping to form or write an RFP for a Technology Assessment?

------------------------------
    Daniel Roe
    VP of Interpretation
    York County Heritage Trust
    York PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-11-2015 12:14 PM
    Dr. Kiersten Latham and I wrote an introductory textbook called "Foundations of Museum Studies: Evolving Systems of Knowledge," based on an introductory course in museum studies that we teach. Our book was written to be the textbook that we both wish we had had when we were beginning museum studies graduate students. The book is designed to be used with other readings (we use it along with "Museums in Motion," 2008, by Alexander and Alexander and an ever-changing variety of journal articles). You can find out more about the book here:
    http://www.abc-clio.com/ABC-CLIOCorporate/product.aspx?pc=A3975P

It is available from the publisher, from Amazon.com, and other book sellers, both as a print book an an ebook.

--John

John Simmons
    Curator of Collections
    Museologica

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-12-2015 09:17 AM

I would be interested in a Technology Assessment tool as well.  

Debra Michael CPA
    Director of Finances & Admin
    Adventure Science Center
    Nashville TN

Original Message:

Sent: 10-10-2015 08:23 AM
    Subject: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Hello,

Our IT Department is working on developing a 3-5 year technology plan/strategy that would include basic infrastructure as well as programmatic and collection needs within our Library & Archives and Collection departments. Does anybody know of any resources or examples that would be useful in helping to form or write an RFP for a Technology Assessment?

Daniel Roe
    VP of Interpretation
    York County Heritage Trust
    York PA

• 4.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-12-2015 10:41 AM
    I would be interested as well thanks!

Sylvia Spitalnick

Director of Development
    The Anne Frank Center USA
    44 Park Place
    New York, New York 10007

• 5.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-12-2015 03:57 PM

Daniel,

Attached are a couple examples from the public domain that I have used in the past for development ideas.  The Fashion Institute one was recently released.

Hope this helps.

Kevin D. Cullens CIPM, FMP, PSP
    Director IT and Site Operations
    Desert Botanical Garden
    Phoenix AZ

• 6.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-13-2015 08:40 AM

I would encourage you to include knowledge of Accessibility requirements. It is amazing how few people working as consultants in this industry follow the legal requirements or understand the finer points of technology access, all of which is infinitely easier when it is built in rather than added.

Best,

Hannah

Hannah Goodwin
    Manager of Accessibility
    Museum of Fine Arts
    Boston MA

• 7.  RE: Technology Assessment RFP Examples

Posted 10-14-2015 07:27 AM

Hi Daniel,

While I'm not your best source for technology information, I specialize in writing RFPs and would be happy to give you some tips on the phone or via email.  You might also try reading the "Exhibitionist" edition by NAME which specialized in RFPs: 

http://name-aam.org/resources/exhibitionist/back-issues-and-online-archive

Cheers,

Barbara
    Barbara Punt
    President
    Punt Consulting Group
    Redondo Beach CA
    javascript:AddSignatureVariable('barbara@puntconsulting.com');