Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Internship Opportunities

Posted 10-05-2015 09:27 AM

Hello everyone:

The State Historical Society of North Dakota has two six month internship opportunities available for graduate students, at the North Dakota Heritage Center in Bismarck, ND.  We're looking for people who can come from January-June.  One internship will be registration focused and the other will focus on collections management.  Follow the link below and enter 3004432 or 3004433 into the keyword search, which are job ID codes for the collections and registration internship respectively.  Unfortunately the website won't allow me to link to the internship listings directly.

https://www.cnd.nd.gov/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=11000

If you have any questions about internship duties, feel free to contact me.  If you have questions about the application process or need accommodation, please contact the person named in the listing.

Thank you,

Geoff Woodcox

Assistant Curator of Collections

State Historical Society of North Dakota

612 E Boulevard Avenue

Bismarck, ND 58505

(701) 328-3608

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Internship Opportunities

Posted 10-06-2015 09:28 AM

I would highly recommend this internship to anyone who is looking. I have two friends who interned here, and they both had great experiences and made life-long friendships in the process. The timing wasn't right for me last year or I would have taken it myself!

I met Geoff at the Mountain Plains Museum Association annual meeting last week and he is a great asset to the field and a fun one to be around in general.

Good luck to all the applicants! 

------------------------------
    Betsy Deiterman
    Student
    Museum of Texas Tech University
    Lubbock TX

Betsy Deiterman
    Student
    Museum of Texas Tech University
    Lubbock TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more