Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Branding firm

Posted 09-16-2015 03:41 PM

Our forthcoming museum is looking to put out an RFP for a firm to work with us to develop a branding/identity package. As I have worked with the same two firms in my prior posts and would like to expand the potential pool of candidates, I would be happy to hear (directly, if you prefer) from those with particularly successful experiences in this regard. 

------------------------------
    Kevin W. Tucker
    Director
    Museum of the American Arts & Crafts Movement

Palm Harbor, FL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Branding firm

Posted 09-21-2015 09:24 AM

Hi Kevin,

Phillip Gary Design in St. Petersburg does excellent museum branding.  Clients include The Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Morean Arts Center, Florida CraftArt, and the Dali Museum.  As well, he's the graphic designer for the museum exhibits I design.  Excellent grasp of concepts, speedy execution and orderly work flows.  Contact David Meek 727-895-4095

Mary Anna Murphy

MAM Exhibit Design

St. Petersburg, FL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Branding firm

Posted 09-22-2015 09:02 AM

Hello, Kevin! Ford's Theatre went through a rebranding effort in 2011/2012. We used LaPlaca Cohen out of New York. They conducted a series of interviews with our key stakeholders and aspirational peers. They led brainstorming sessions with our leadership team to define our vision and core values. They redeveloped our positioning, giving us image attributes, a positioning statement and message points for all departments to use in their work. They then refined our identity, designing a new logo and organizational tagline. Three years later, I still find their work thoughtful, thorough, creative and on point. And Arthur Cohen, who led the work, is truly brilliant, charming and collaborative. He was a life-saver when dealing with our board. Good luck in your search!

Liza Lorenz
    Director of Communications & Digital Strategy
    Ford's Theatre Society
    Washington DC