Open Forum

View Only

Education Collections Survey

• 1.  Education Collections Survey

Posted 07-30-2015 04:15 AM

Hello,

My name is Danyelle Dosunmu. I am a graduate student in Museum Studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder (CU Boulder). I am doing my master's thesis project on education collection development and use and am creating an education collection for the Anthropology Department at CU Boulder. I chose this topic for my thesis project as there is no great body of work about education collections even though they have the potential to be a great resource for museums.  

In my research I have discovered that the best sources of information on this topic are museum professionals who are willing to share their experience and knowledge about education collections. With that being said,  I have developed a survey to see what institutions think of education collections, why institutions might choose not to use education collections,  how they manage them, and how they are used. The survey is short with only ten questions (three if your institution does not have an education collection). If any of you wise museum professionals would like to share your experience with the use of education collections or the deliberate  lack of use of education collections, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Here is the link to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SJKPKW3

Thank you all for reading this post and thank you to those who take the survey! 

If anybody is interested in learning more about my research or contributing to my research, please feel free to email me off forum at dldosunmu@gmail.com

Thanks,
    ------------------------------
    Danyelle Dosunmu
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more