Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Website Benchmarking

Posted 07-15-2015 11:02 AM

I am working on a project to redesign our museum website to make it mobile-friendly.  I am not a technical person, so I'm finding that every time I ask a question, I find 10 more questions arise...  Our key objectives in this order are: (1) update our website to be mobile-friendly, i.e. a responsive web design (RWD) site, (2) use a provider that provides 24/7 support for issues, (3) find a provider that has an add-on e-commerce platform for selling tickets or can connect to a 3rd party - would prefer the outside site to be RWD as well, and (4) longer-term have the capability to connect the collections database software EmbARK to the site for easy uploads between the collections database and the website.  And of course, we have limited budget dollars to accomplish these things.  Can anyone provide perspective on providers you have used to accomplish these website goals?  Does anyone have experience with web.com or GoDaddy.com and have pros/cons of those to share?  Thank you very much!

------------------------------
    Jennifer Horvath
    Project Manager

Taft Museum of Art

Cincinnati, OH  45202
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more