Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Digital Strategic Planning

Posted 10-02-2014 11:34 AM
    Ford's Theatre is at the very beginning of a digital strategic planning process.  We're working with a consultant, and our expectation is that the process will take about six months and will most likely lead to a website redo, among other changes and recommendations.  This endeavor is a result of our recently-approved organizational long range plan.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been through a similar process and can offer advice of any kind.  Let the games begin! Sarah

-------------------------------------------
    Sarah Jencks
    Director of Education
    Ford's Theatre Society
    Washington DC
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Digital Strategic Planning

Posted 10-06-2014 10:38 AM
    Sarah, We're not there yet (a digital strategy), but trying to get out digital "portfolio" in order so we could, if money and time allowed, envision a strategy. Wondering about the steps you're taking toward this valiant effort. Who's your consultant, if you don't mind sharing? ------------------------------------------- Alice Rubin Senior Manager - Digital Media Museum of Jewish Heritage New York NY -------------------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Digital Strategic Planning

Posted 10-07-2014 09:46 AM
      |   view attached
    Here at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens we are in the beginning phases of an Interpretive Technology Plan. To begin this process I have lobbied and been approved to create an Interpretive Technology Committee (ITC). This is a sub-committee for the Interpretive Planning Task Force. The ITC is made up of individuals from various divisions within the museum and particularly people with an interest in and experience with technology integration. Our initial task is to develop an Interpretive Technology Strategic Plan that fits into the museum's overall strategic plan. We are also going to pilot an online exhibit that is user focused and the use of iPads in the galleries using beacon location technology.

Attached is very early draft version of the Interpretive Technology Strategic Plan if you are interested in seeing the direction we are going in.

Mark

Mark Osterman
    Guiding Programs Manager
    Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
    Miami FL

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Digital Strategic Planning

Posted 10-08-2014 09:18 AM
    Mark, Is your proposed ITP separate from a museum-wide digital media strategy? Will you also create a social media policy and a digital infrastructure policy? I'm not joking, I think this is an interesting approach to tackling the digital portfolio of a museum. Be interested in hearing more on your thinking. Alice ------------------------------------------- Alice Rubin Senior Manager - Digital Media Museum of Jewish Heritage New York NY -------------------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Digital Strategic Planning

Posted 10-08-2014 09:09 PM
    Thank you for sharing this! As we continue our process, I'll try to share what we're doing as well. I am really interested in how other museums are approaching the question of engaging digital tools in strategic ways. Sarah Jencks Director of Education Programming Ford's Theatre Society O 202.639.1580 M 202.841.5513 sjencks@fords.org