Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Museum Diversity Outreach Initiatives

Posted 06-18-2015 11:51 PM

My co-writer and I, recent graduates of Harvard University's Museum Studies Program, are writing a book about

the lack of audience diversity at museums. We would appreciate receiving information about your museum's diversity outreach initiatives.  Information or questions may be sent to:  patneblett@comcast.net

Thank you,

Pat Neblett

------------------------------
    Pat Neblett
    emerging museum professional

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Museum Diversity Outreach Initiatives

Posted 06-19-2015 10:35 AM

Hi, Pat!

Congratulations on your book initiative from a fellow alumna of the program. i will contact you using the email address you listed; I have information to share on diversity initiatives at museums. I also serve on the DIVCOM professional network leadership. Are you a member of this diversity committee? Any AAM member interested in diversity, inclusion, and accessibility should join! Talk to you soon.

M. Cecile Shellman
    Diversity Catalyst
    Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Museum Diversity Outreach Initiatives

Posted 06-22-2015 12:28 PM

Hello,

I work for the Milwaukee Public Museum and we have recently formed a diversity working group to find 3-5 actionable items to present to leadership to increase racial, religious, sexual orientation, age, etc. in both our visitors, staff and leadership. It is possible that if we can gather enough information on this topic, these action items may be included in our upcoming strategic planning process. Any information you are able to pass along will be much appreciated.

Please send to smolejhill@mpm.edu

Thank you! Roselyn

Roselyn Smolej-Hill
    Director of Foundation Relations
    Milwaukee Public Museum
    Milwaukee WI