Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Student Museum Membership

Posted 03-25-2015 05:49 PM

Hello!

I am considering adding a Student level to our memberships... specifically aimed to college students in our local historical preservation program. Has anyone had success with specifically targeting college student memberships?

------------------------------
    Leah Murray
    Executive Director
    Shelton McMurphey Johnson House
    Eugene OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Student Museum Membership

Posted 03-26-2015 10:10 AM
    I don't have experience with this, but when I was a student I would have totally taken advantage of a student membership rate! Cool idea! ------------------------------ Amber Parham Museum Educator/Performer Denver Museum of Nature & Science Denver CO ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Student Museum Membership

Posted 03-27-2015 10:32 AM
    Leah, it would be great for you to add a student membership level, especially since you are in a university town, and also if you provide internships or have connections with the university's art or history departments.  It is hard to engage student members however, since they have a lot on their plate and may have other demands for their dollars.  But it would hang out the "welcome" sign to them!   Good luck.   Dana 

Dana Hines
    President & CEO
    Membership Consultants
    Saint Louis MO