Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 03-20-2015 12:25 PM

Good morning,

We are currently looking at different updates to our webiste to give visitors a more user-friendly way to join/renew membership and donate to the Museum. We are adding a monthly-giving option for our annual fund donations, as well. I am wondering if any of you prefer a web form module for online giving, which could handle getting a membership, adding on a monthly donation option, adding an Adopt an Animal, etc. We currently use Wufoo web forms; however, I do not feel that they will be able to provide a clean look once we add a number of different options for people.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

------------------------------
    Aimee White
    Membership Coordinator
    High Desert Museum
    Bend OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 03-23-2015 01:23 PM

Hello!

Like you, we use PayPal for online sales. We just skipped over the use of Wufoo or website widget forms and chose to grab the contact info directly from PayPal and enter it manually into the database. We create separate "sales buttons" for membership (with a drop down menu for membership level), for donor gifts and for special event ticket sales. Buttons are available on each corresponding webpage and also available on an all inclusive "Support" page. The Support page is in development, but our goal is to make it as easy an accessible as possible. We still have a ways to go, but you can view us at www.tmocg.org

I am interested in knowing what others use and what works well, because we just added the online sales feature to our site a year ago. Prior to that we did not have an online option for gifts or membership. Primarily because we are a very small museum with one paid staff and a high percentage of older-senior volunteers (not baby-boomers). As we move forward we are looking at options for more online activity.

Looking forward to hearing what others are using our there.

Berlin Loa
    Museum Director, The Museum of Casa Grande

Casa Grande Valley Historical Society
    Casa Grande AZ

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 03-24-2015 12:07 PM
    Thank you so much for your input Berlin! I greatly appreciate it. 

Aimee White
    Membership Coordinator
    High Desert Museum
    Bend OR

• 4.  RE: Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 03-30-2015 07:04 PM

Hi Aimee,

Where are you entering these items internally for your organization for processing? There are systems that you can use that are subscription based that have an online component (including mobile friendly, etc) as part of the service. The beauty of this is the single entry. All items entered online by your constituents would be in your system without you entering them (ideally after you have previewed and checked for duplicates, etc). I know eTapestry by Blackbaud is one, but there are so many it's mind boggling. techsoup.org has good articles and can help non-profits get discounts on products. They are a great resource.

Allison Wieland
    Database & Grants Manager
    Anchorage Museum
    Anchorage AK

• 5.  RE: Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 03-31-2015 11:49 AM

Hi Allison,

I currently have to manually update Raiser's Edge with the web donations/memberships. It seems that going with eTapestry or something similar would be the best option since it integrates with RE without many issues.

Thanks for the Tech Soup site! I'm going to do some researching on there today and see what other insights I can gather.

Cheers,

Aimee White
    Membership Coordinator
    High Desert Museum
    Bend OR

• 6.  RE: Website donations & membership join/renew

Posted 04-01-2015 01:46 PM

Hi Aimee,

If you are already using RE, that's great. They have a couple online solutions that will do what you would like. One is very simple (Online Express) and the other is NetCommunity and has many variations. We are likely going to go with one or the other, but are currently using a 3rd party provider, which does not integrate these gifts (and we enter them again as you do). Online Express matches up the constituents with their existing records, yet doesn't require a login for them which is pretty amazing.

Allison Wieland
    Database & Grants Manager
    Anchorage Museum
    Anchorage AK