Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Condition reporting with iPads

Posted 03-18-2015 09:32 AM

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I have overlooked similar threads.

Our institution is interested in adopting iPads to do condition reports for incoming/outgoing loans and for ongoing inventory condition checks - everything about it seems so refreshing from creating new paper reports! Can anyone recommend software they have had success with? Anything to keep in mind before fully adopting this project?

Thank you for your time and consider in my search for advice!

-----------------------------
    Victoria King
    Registrar
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Condition reporting with iPads

Posted 03-19-2015 09:13 AM

We are currently planning on buying new Collections management software that we can use on ipad in our storage areas and in exhibit spaces. I wonder if there is a collection program that includes condition reports tied to the software.

I am looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks for asking. 

JoAnn Zeise
    Curator of History
    South Carolina State Museum
    Columbia SC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Condition reporting with iPads

Posted 03-19-2015 09:20 AM

This is also an interest here at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Please reply any resources to the discussion as a whole.

Mark

Mark Osterman
    Guiding Programs Manager
    Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
    Miami FL

• 4.  RE: Condition reporting with iPads

Posted 03-23-2015 03:47 PM

This is from my coworker who has instituted our iPad condition reporting process here at the Walters. Hope it helps!

At the Walters we are using iPads for object condition reporting and mark up of images. The app we are currently using is PDF Expert 5.  We use this to mark up PDF documents.  All of our files are PDFs, we add images to the PDF and save all of the documentation as one file.

Below is a link to a presentation from MAAM on Electronic Condition Reporting which I presented with Anne Brancati and Ariel O'Conner last October in DC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qma36osu2wl19r8/MAAM%20Presentation%20Electronic%20Condition%20Reporting.pdf?dl=0

Please let me know if you have questions or would like to discuss our process. I would be happy to speak with you.

Best, 

Danielle

Danielle Hall Bennett

Associate Registrar for Collection Management

email: dbennett@thewalters.org

Danielle Horetsky
    Curatorial Division Assistant
    The Walters Art Museum
    Baltimore MD