Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  In-Gallery iPads

Posted 02-14-2015 11:36 AM
    Hello All!
    I am experiencing a problem with securing our in-gallery iPads--I wonder if any of you can recommend a particular type of enclosure (and in the process of my explanation, I hope I can contribute to some other recent threads).

My museum just created a touch-screen interactive for a newly hung salon-style gallery. For security reasons, and so they do not break if dropped, we bought compatible enclosures with locks and cords. Unfortunately all four that we tried, have broken--the locks jam, trapping the tablets inside (they must be opened each morning for set-up). I am almost certain that we are not being too rough with the locks, but perhaps they were just not designed for regular use. Has anyone had particular success with iPad enclosures that you open and close on a regular basis? Ideally, they would protect the ipad, prevent theft, and also allow a visitor to move around the room with them (no cords).

I also would like to add a brief explanation of the program/software we chose for this interactive, as I have seen some recent queries here on this topic. We actually built it with PowerPoint (!!) Hyperlinks allow for varied navigation, you can create a screen-saver to counter-act image burn, guided access will prevent visitors from exiting the program, and best of all it is highly flexible.

Thank you in advance!! 

-------------------------------------------
    Heather Paroubek, Philadelphia
    -------------------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more