Open Forum

View Only

Survey: Oral History Archives and the Small American Museum 

07-21-2020 04:22 PM

Survey: Oral History Archives and the Small American Museum
You are being invited to take part in a research project about oral history archives in small and local American museums. The purpose of this project is to find out how common oral history archives are in smaller and local museums in the United States. The research aims to better understand the collection process for those museums that do maintain an oral history archive and to explore why some museums may not have such an archive. 

I am Courtney Beam, a master’s student in Arts Management and Heritage Studies at the University of Leeds (UK). 
This project will gather research
 data for my masters dissertation on oral history archives and small American museums. 

Participation takes the form of an online survey
 for which a link is provided below. The survey includes questions for museums that have an oral history archive and for those that do not. The one-off survey will take about 10 minutes to complete. The questions focus on museum demographics, why your organization does not have an archive, or, if it does, on the archive itself and its format and uses. 

Whilst there are no immediate benefits for those participating in the project, it is hoped that this work will 
deepen our understanding of oral history archives and will eventually support museums hoping to start an archiveIf you do decide to take part in this survey, you will be asked for consent at the beginning of the survey form. Survey responses will be used in my dissertation, but only in anonymized form. Research data are stored in compliance with the University of Leeds Code of Practice of Data Protection and on the university’s encrypted server. If you feel that you must withdraw your responses to this survey, you may do so up until August 15th, 2020. It will not be possible to withdraw your response after this date once analysis has begun. 

Please find the survey link below: 

The final day to participate in the survey is Friday, August 7, 2020.  

For further information, please contact: 

Courtney Beam 

MA Arts Management and Heritage Studies 

School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT (UK), Fh19cab@leeds.ac.uk 

Supervisor Contact Details 

Dr Claudia Sternberg, School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT (UK), c.sternberg@leeds.ac.uk 

This 
project has been reviewed by the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies Ethics Lead, 17th July 2020. 

Thank you very much for your participation.

-edited to add my signature, I thought it was automatic, sorry!

Courtney Beam
MA, Arts Management and Heritage Studies
University of Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.