Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accession Form Samples?

Posted 05-22-2019 10:37 AM

Hello,

We're currently looking at redrafting our accession forms for our museum.  The current forms were written in the 1970s by volunteers, and are pretty barebones.  I've searched the sample documents section of AAM and couldn't come up with anything, which was surprising.  

If anyone has any they would be willing to share with us, to help better gauge what kind of language and fine print we need, I would much appreciate it!

------------------------------
    Kenny Libben , Curator
    Cleo Redd Fisher Museum - Mohican Historical Society
    Loudonville OH
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Accession Form Samples?

Posted 05-23-2019 09:48 PM
    An excellent source is the Museum Forms Book from the Texas Association of Museums.   While I believe there is some discussion about another update, the last edition was published in 1999 and is difficult to obtain.   However, you should contact Local History Services office at the Ohio Connection (www.ohiohistory.org./preserve/local-history-office) or the Ohio Museum Association (oma@ohiohistory.org) to see if they have a copy you can consult.

Janice Klein
    Executive Director
    Museum Association of Arizona
    Tempe AZ

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Accession Form Samples?

Posted 05-29-2019 09:54 AM
    Thanks Janice, I'll be sure to look into that!

Kenny Libben , Curator
    Cleo Redd Fisher Museum - Mohican Historical Society
    Loudonville OH