Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Retail Operations and Space Leasing

Posted 04-16-2020 11:48 AM
    Currently exploring different models in the field.  Does anyone know of any structural models where the areas of retail operations and space leasing are under the same department or director/manager?  Is there such a thing as a Director of Retail and Leasing or Retail and Leasing Manager?

I'd love to hear about models currently out there and insight into how they are working.

------------------------------
    George Buss
    VP of Visitor Experience
    Minnetrista
    Muncie IN
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Retail Operations and Space Leasing

Posted 04-17-2020 10:10 AM
    George, if you are referring to rental events for corporate, weddings, etc as space leasing then yes, I think there are a number of museums where retail and space leasing report to the same individual under an earned income umbrella. My firm works with museums across the country on retail food and space rental programs so I am happy to share my observations if it is helpful. Please reach out if you'd like to speak. Tracy@jglconsultants.com

Tracy Lawler
    President
    JGL Food Service Consultants
    Princeton NJ

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more