Open Forum

View Only

remote but conversational experiences

• 1.  remote but conversational experiences

Posted 05-25-2020 11:09 AM
    Hi everyone.  This fall, I will be facilitating a portion of an undergraduate class about communicating history to the public.  The professor and I had planned several activities, including the students tabling at our museum to share their original research with the public.  We are now working on alternatives in the event that tabling is not safely available to the students in the fall.  
    I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to remotely replicate the tabling experience for the students.  I had a few, like perhaps hosting some online presentations where the public could interact, or blogging, or something, but those feel to me like they may turn into a presentation with questions afterwards, when I had really hoped to give the students an experience with interacting more conversationally and informally with the visitors.  Has anyone developed any remote programs that are conversational and less presentation-based?   
    Thank you!

------------------------------
    Jaclyn Kelly
    Educator
    Milwaukee Public Museum
    Milwaukee WI
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more