Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Easy Point of Sale (POS) System

Posted 08-01-2019 07:58 AM
    Do you have a Point of Sale (POS) system that you'd recommend?

Though I need a little more capability than Square and Shopify, I need to replace a system that requires a full-time expert to administer.  I appreciate any and all POS recommendations and referrals!

P.S. 1 point of entry, 4 registers, and tickets only needed for a handful of guests

------------------------------
    Jed Reitler
    Boston MA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Easy Point of Sale (POS) System

Posted 08-05-2019 01:23 PM
    We had luck with AccuPOS, we used two separate systems for our historic house museums both for admissions and gift shop operations. Aside from set-up which can be clunky (especially if you have to enter gift shop merchandise) once everything was operational the units were very user friendly even our computer-phobic elderly staff members picked it up with ease! I was able to troubleshoot most problems and maintain without calling in our IT administrator.  I don't know about printing tickets but you may be able to customize printing receipts to mimic a ticket. The only drawback is cost -our IT budget is practically non-existent so we unfortunately couldn't continue to justify the $1,000.00 annual software fee for each unit, fortunately the hardware was transferred to us from another City department so we did not have that expense. It is back to old fashioned cash registers for us! When we were looking for POS systems, AccuPOS was about the least expensive so if anyone can find something with more capability than Square or Shopify and under $1,000 a year in fees, please share!

Laura Willoughby
    Historic Site Coordinator
    Newport News Parks, Recreation and Tourism

Laura Willoughby
    Historic Site Coordinator
    City of Newport News
    Newport News VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more