Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Volunteer leaders attending AAM's Annual Meeting in Boston

Posted 05-05-2022 02:44 PM
    Any volunteer leaders/ managers/ supervisors attending AAM's Annual Meeting in Boston? The American Association for Museum Volunteers will be there and we want to connect with you!  We have a full slate of events and activities:

Thursday 5/19

• 11 am - 12 noon - AAMV Board Meeting
      Anyone is welcome to sit in and listen. Check the AAM program for room number
    • 6:30 - 7:30 pm - AAMV Happy Hour for Volunteer Leaders
      Come join us for this informal gathering. Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport Bar.

• 8 - 9:30 pm - Ghost Tour 
      We'll pick up half of the ticket price so you can enjoy Boston's finest ghost tour for just $20. Advanced RSVP required. Email aamvmembership1@gmail.com to reserve your spot. Payment due night of the event. 

Friday 5/20

• 12:30 - 1:30 pm - AAMV Affiliate Luncheon.
      Tickets are just $35 and available through your AAM registration. Advance registration is required. Come eat some delicious food and join an informal discussion about volunteers. Anyone is welcome to register for the luncheon. Check the AAM program for room number.

Sunday 5/22

• 11:45 am - 12:45 pm - Ethics in Volunteerism: Current Dilemmas and New Solutions conference session
      Several AAMV board members have put together this session. We'll be discussing all the hot topics in volunteerism with an ethical framework. Check the AAM program for room number.

------------------------------
    Jenny Woods
    American Association for Museum Volunteers (AAMV)
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Volunteer leaders attending AAM's Annual Meeting in Boston

Posted 05-10-2022 04:26 PM
    Thanks for posting this here, Jenny! I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person and seeing Boston! I've never been there before. I bought my luncheon ticket!

Brandi Shawn-Chaparro
    Associate Director, Volunteer & Community Engagement
    Huntington Library, Art Museum, & Botanical Gardens
    San Marino CA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more