Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Climate monitor suggestion?

Posted 04-22-2022 11:48 AM
    Hello all,
    I work as Registrar at the Schulz Museum.
    I have a question about climate monitors. Currently, Tempo Plus 2 (blue mini round buttons) is used in the museum drawer display for the climate monitor. But somehow the battery died so quickly. It lasted for 3-4 months last year. Is there any museum experienced the similar issue? Also, do you have any recommendation about the climate monitors? 

Thank you!
    Jisung

------------------------------
    Jisung Heo
    San Rafael CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Climate monitor suggestion?

Posted 04-27-2022 08:31 AM
    Jisung,

For the last 6 months I've used HOBO Temperature/Relative Humidity Data Loggers and I've never had problems with them yet. I think the company doesn't do the best at giving you all the "how tos" off the bat but if you look online you can find resources.

Best,
    Luke

Luke Perez
    Curator of Collections
    College Park Aviation Museum
    College Park MD

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Climate monitor suggestion?

Posted 04-28-2022 11:20 AM
      |   view attached

Greetings,

Attached please find a handout from the Connecting to Collections Care Webinar from 2021 "What's best for my collection? New Approaches to Environmental Monitoring".  The handout provides excellent resources for all aspects of environmental monitoring.  I hope this is helpful.

Wendy Claire Jessup, FIIC

(she/her/hers)

Conservator

Wendy Jessup and Associates, Inc.

Care of Cultural Property

(703) 522-2801 ext 1

Attachment(s)