Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Visitor Centres / Admin

Posted 02-16-2017 08:54 AM

Hello all – we are in the throes of building a new admin. Building which would also serve as the "entrance point" for visitors. I am currently writing up a report on the functions we need for various programs. In the end however the final plan for the building will depend on budget. We need a space to sell admissions; space for a gift shop, exhibits, a few offices, meeting space – washrooms are already taken care of (we are adding the "new" building to the washroom facility which is now in our parking area. The historic house does not have extra space for exhibits and it is not accessible – we cannot put the structure up where it would effect the historic views from the house (the picturesque landscape is part of our reason for national historic site designation. I am reaching out to see if others who have gone through this process can share their experiences (what to do and not do) and also if planning documents are available to view. I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you

Marilynn    

Signature_Marilynn Havelka_cropped

Marilynn Havelka

Chief Administrative Officer

Ruthven Park National Historic Site

243 Hwy. #54, Box 610

Cayuga, ON

Ph: (905) 772-0560

Cell: (905) 977-1845

www.ruthvenpark.ca

Ruthven Park National Historic Site is owned and managed by the Lower Grand River Land Trust Inc., a not-for-profit, non-government, charitable organization which seeks to conserve, maintain and promote Ruthven Park's rich cultural and natural heritage through research, stewardship, interpretation and education for the enjoyment of present and future generations.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Visitor Centres / Admin

Posted 02-17-2017 08:49 AM
    A few years ago the Filson Historical Society in Louisville, KY did a similar project and encountered some of the same concerns. I'd reach out to them.

------------------------------
    Christopher Kolakowski
    Director
    MacArthur Memorial
    Norfolk VA
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more