Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Questlove: Collecting Is an Act of Devotion, and Creation

Posted 03-30-2022 09:30 AM
    Have a look at Questlove's personal love story with collecting. He brings a passion to it that any museum person will recognize.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/25/opinion/questlove-inspiration-collection.html?smid=em-share

--------------------------------------
    Guy Hermann
    Museum Planner
    museumINSIGHTS
    860-857-7363

Museum Insights helps museums plan for long-term growth and change. Our transformative strategic master plans, pre-design architectural plans, operational feasibility studies, and capital project plans result in sustainable museums that people love and funders support.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Questlove: Collecting Is an Act of Devotion, and Creation

Posted 03-31-2022 07:35 AM
    Thanks for sharing that. I love personal collections. I've been thinking about my own... how it represents me to myself each day when I return home. And that its bits and pieces will need to be "de-accessioned" before I leave this earth. I wonder does any museum or archive ever build into its strategic plan its own obsolescence?

------------------------------
    Ana Edwards
    Supervisor, Visitor Engagement and Interpretation
    American Civil War Museum
    Richmond VA
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more