Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Queuing Recommendations?

Posted 06-23-2020 06:23 AM
    We are looking into virtual queuing options in the hopes that we can eliminate long lines for upcoming exhibitions and experiences. In an ideal word we would be able to operate like many restaurants do where they either text you when your table is ready or hand you a pager that lights up and vibrates to notify you it is your groups turn. We would love to find a company that does both if at all possible. We keep finding companies that want to sell us ticketing systems... we are set there, just in need of a virtual queuing solution.

Any recommendations?

------------------------------
    Chris Morehead
    Director of Guest, Volunteer, and Community Experiences
    Newfields
    Indianapolis IN
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Virtual Queuing Recommendations?

Posted 06-24-2020 10:14 AM
    I have had the pleasure or working and writing an article with the originator of virtual queues at Disney which they called FASTPASS. I provide a hot link to a pdf of that article below. To your point, I asked my colleague from Disney if he knew anyone who might be helpful in implementing a virtual queue and he gave me a name and company also noted below. Good luck using this waiting line management tool.

Qless – the president is Alex Backer

Robert C. Ford, PhD
    Professor of Management Emeritus
    Department of Management
    College of Business Administration
    4000 Central Florida Blvd.
    P.O. Box 161400
    University of Central Florida
    Orlando, Florida 32816-1400
    Phone: 407-601-4616; Fax: 407-823-3725

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Virtual Queuing Recommendations?

Posted 06-24-2020 10:45 AM
    We will be using:  https://waitwhile.com/museums-waitlist/

Melissa Felder
    Chief Marketing Officer
    California Academy of Sciences
    San Francisco CA
    Chief Marketing OfficerChief Marketing Officer