Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Programming during Covid-19 Closures

Posted 03-16-2020 04:59 PM

Hello all,

I know a lot of museums have been closing to the public for their health and safety. I have been very excited to see the work that these museums have been doing to engage their public while they are closed. 

I am writing to invite you to participate in a short survey about distance learning programs in museums that have been closed to the public due to Covid-19 (also known as Corona Virus). We are attempting to better understand how museums are developing and using distance learning to reach their visitors during this closure. For this study, a distance learning program is any program conducted via the internet with audiences at offsite locations. 

If are developing new programs, we know your time is very valuable. This short survey will take about 5 minutes and you may choose not to answer any questions. We want to capture the great work museums are doing to support their visitors in this difficult time.

If you are interested in participating in the study, please click this link for more information. We are happy to offer a $10 gift card for the completion of the survey.

The survey can also be found here: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eyDpFykGJ1qto2N

If you participated in my distance learning survey last month, please mention it in the comments and respond to this survey based on the new work you are doing related to Covid-19 closures only.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, the principle investigator, at mennes@floridamuseum.ufl.edu. I am the Assistant Curator of Museum in the Department of Natural History at the University of Florida. This survey has IRB approval under IRB Project #: IRB202000752.

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Megan Ennes

Assistant Curator of Museum Education

Florida Museum of Natural History

University of Florida

201 McGuire Hall, PO Box 117800

Gainesville, FL 32611-7800

(352) 273-2006

mennes@floridamuseum.ufl.edu

------------------------------
    Megan Ennes PhD
    Florida Museum of Natural History - University of Florida
    Gainesville FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Programming during Covid-19 Closures

Posted 03-17-2020 07:44 AM
    Dear Dr. Ennes, 

I don't have anything to contribute, unfortunately, but I would be very interested to read about the results when they become available! Are you expecting the study to appear in a particular publication or resource?

Good luck with your research. This is a critical and timely topic, but it would have important implications for how museums evolve in their engagement with modern communities, in or outside of emergency situations. 

Best, 

Joanna

Joanna Burke
    Program Administrator / Facilitator / Insatiable Learner
    seeking opportunities in museum education
    Raleigh-Durham, NC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Programming during Covid-19 Closures

Posted 03-17-2020 10:11 AM
    Hi Megan,

Please share the results from your survey with everyone. 

Meanwhile MCN put together a good list of virtual resources of all sorts being offered by museums. Here's the link:

Feel free to add other resoures if you know others.

Best wishes - stay safe,

• 4.  RE: Programming during Covid-19 Closures

Posted 03-17-2020 10:34 AM
    Hi Robin and Joanna,

I will be sharing the results from this study as well as the one I shared last month once the data has been compiled and cleaned. I know there was a lot of interest in both studies. 

I appreciate the link, that will be very useful.

Thanks,
    Megan

Megan Ennes PhD
    Gainesville FL

• 5.  RE: Programming during Covid-19 Closures

Posted 04-01-2020 05:13 PM

Hi all,

I hope everyone is staying healthy in these uncertain times. If your museums has closed and you have moved your educational programs online, you still have time to participate in our survey. We are very interested in hearing about your experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Best,

Megan

I am writing to invite you to participate in a short survey about distance learning programs in museums that have been closed to the public due to Covid-19 (also known as Corona Virus). We are attempting to better understand how museums are developing and using distance learning to reach their visitors during this closure. For this study, a distance learning program is any program conducted via the internet with audiences at offsite locations. 

If are developing new programs, we know your time is very valuable. This short survey will take about 5 minutes and you may choose not to answer any questions. We want to capture the great work museums are doing to support their visitors in this difficult time.

If you are interested in participating in the study, please click this link for more information. We are happy to offer a $10 gift card for the completion of the survey.

The survey can also be found here: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eyDpFykGJ1qto2N

If you participated in my distance learning survey last month, please mention it in the comments and respond to this survey based on the new work you are doing related to Covid-19 closures only.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, the principle investigator, at mennes@floridamuseum.ufl.edu. I am the Assistant Curator of Museum in the Department of Natural History at the University of Florida. This survey has IRB approval under IRB Project #: IRB202000752.

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Megan Ennes

Florida Museum of Natural History

University of Florida

201 McGuire Hall, PO Box 117800

Gainesville, FL 32611-7800

(352) 273-2006

mennes@floridamuseum.ufl.edu

Megan Ennes PhD
    Gainesville FL