Open Forum

View Only

Analysis of 8 Visible Storage Systems

• 1.  Analysis of 8 Visible Storage Systems

Posted 05-12-2021 02:45 PM
    Dear colleagues: [indulgence coveted for cross-posting]

I have updated an article originally published with only 4 images by posting a blog showing 176 additional images captured during the research project travel to Canadian museum users along with comments on each image to support the analysis of 8 visible storage systems.

The original piece was titled "Visible Storage for the Small Museum" published in Curator 33(1): 49-62.  It then was reprinted in Simon Knell ed. Care of Collections. Leicester Readers in Museum Studies with the editorial comment, "essential reading for anyone considering the visible storage option." 

See "Visible Storage Report Updated with 180+ Images" on my Critical Museology Miscellanea blog at https://miscellaneousmuseology.wordpress.com/2021/05/11/visible-storage-report-updated-with-180-images/ .

The post includes links to my Curator article & the original 25-page typescript research report supported by the Foundation Fund of the Manitoba Museum of Man & Nature, my employer the Town of The Pas, & the Bursary Fund of the Canadian Museums Association.

Respectfully yours

Paul C. Thistle
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more