Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-04-2017 08:15 PM
    I'm preparing to list a position for an exhibit graphic designer at my firm. I certainly know AAM JobHQ listings, but I'm wondering where others are either posting listings for such positions as well as where job seekers are spending their time looking for job listings.

I appreciate resources that folks are using these days. 

Also, if you're interested in reviewing the job posting, once listed, please email me at info@studiotectonic.com and I'll be sure to share once it's posted.

Many thanks,
    Seth

------------------------------
    SethFrankel
    Principal, Studio Tectonic
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    seth@studiotectonic.com
    www.studiotectonic.com
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-05-2017 07:06 AM
    Seth,
    Here are a couple local sites: 
    Andrew Hudson's Jobs List - Great Jobs Harvested Locally in Colorado
    Advertising Agency & Creative Jobs Denver, Boulder & Colorado - Egotist 
    They aren't museum-focused necessarily, and folks I know look there. Creatives especially go to the Denver Egotist - "helping Denver suck less, daily". Depends which parts you're willing to train (if any). Museum and related industry friends look at Colorado Nonprofit Jobs , but you'd have to be a nonprofit ;)
    Best of luck!
    -Beth

Beth Kaminsky
    Independent Exhibit Developer & Writer
    Denver CO

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-05-2017 10:11 AM
    Hey Seth -

The website for NAI (National Association for Interpretation) has a jobs
    board (they call it a Career Center) - http://www.interpnet.com/

Judy

• 4.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-05-2017 11:13 AM
    It looks like regions (and some large cities) tend to set up Facebook pages for this purpose, there is a listing here:

https://nationalempnetwork.org/find-a-chapter/

Good luck!

--
    Carter O'Brien, LEED AP O+M

Sustainability Officer
    Office of Strategic Science Initiatives
    Field Museum of Natural History
    312-665-7811

Learn about The Field Museum's sustainable landscaping project underway at fieldmuseum.org/nativegardens!

• 5.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-05-2017 12:06 PM
    Along with AAM's job board. I would also recommend the American Association for State and Local History job board: Museum and History Jobs - AASLH Career Center. Also, depending on where the job is located, I would look at the state museum association job board (most do on their websites) as well as regional museum association.

Jakob Etrheim
    Site Coordinator
    End-O-Line Railroad Park and Museum
    Currie MN

• 6.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-05-2017 01:06 PM
    There are a number of additional options, depending on the pool of applicants you want to attract.    Every regional museum association (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern, Midwest, Mountain-Plains and Western)  has a website, as do most state museum associations.    Many of these offer free job postings, although often only to members.    Alas, there is no centralized list of these websites, but you can easily find them by searching for " [state name] museum association" on your search engine of choice.   There are also several other websites that list museum jobs, including Global Museum, Museum Jobs, and Sustaining Places.

Janice Klein
    Executive Director
    Museum Association of Arizona
    Tempe AZ

• 7.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-06-2017 08:55 AM
    Seth, 

You should also consider posting in SEDG (Society of Graphic Design) website. The community is focused on visual communication - from museum exhibits to city way finding. Many of its members are also industrial designers, thinkers, and creatives as well as graphic designers.
    Good luck with your search. Pattie

Home | SEGD
    Segd remove preview
    Home | SEGD
    Welcome to SEGD, the Society for Experiential Graphic Designs website. You will find information on our incredible educational workshops, conferences and webinars as well as our prestigious Global Design Awards as well as the worlds best resource with thousands of feature articles on Environmental Graphic Design (EGD) and Experiential Graphic Design (XGD) projects, designers and firms in the Xplore section.
    View this on Segd >

Pattie Ann Smith
    FRINA DESIGN
    Tampa FL

• 8.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-07-2017 09:41 AM
    Seth,

My suggestion is to consider the Guild of Natural Science Illustrators (GNSI) and the many graphic artists and science communicators in this wonderful and very professional group. Many of them work with cultural and heritage sites. You can view examples of their work at Science-Art.com - Scientific, Nature and Medical Illustration. A link to the GNSI website can be found in the upper right corner of this portfolio site.

Tania

Tania Marien
    InterpretPlants Studio
    http://InterpretPlants.Studio

• 9.  RE: Seeking Strong Job Listing Boards for Exhibits Positions

Posted 12-06-2017 03:15 PM
    Try Coroflot.com All the design firms post there.

Mariano Desmaras
    Creative Director
    Museum Environments LLC
    New York NY