Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ISO DC metropolitan area exhibit cleaners - small space, silca dust!!

• 1.  ISO DC metropolitan area exhibit cleaners - small space, silca dust!!

Posted 05-06-2021 10:28 AM
    I have a small exhibit, approximately 1000 square feet in size.  Garage renovations in an adjacent building has resulted in a "silica dust" breach on the ground floor.  This means that potential silica dust could have spilled into the exhibit area.  Exhibit space has been closed due to pandemic but will open at some point.  Out of an abundance of caution, I am looking to get bids for cleaning the space once the renovations are completed, as soon as June. The vendor would be required to wipe down all graphics and exhibit surfaces -powdercoat/laminate/glass and video screens using a damp cloth (with water) and a HEPA vacuum.  Walls, windows and other surfaces would require the same cleaning. 

Recommendations of vendors or processes are most appreciated!   
    Cheryl Oliver
    cheryl.oliver@noaa.gov

--

Cheryl Oliver

Director, NOAA Heritage Program

NOAA Office of Communications

office - 301-628-1043

cell - 301-758-3605 - use this number to contact me

https://www.noaa.gov/noaa-50th-home

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: ISO DC metropolitan area exhibit cleaners - small space, silca dust!!

Posted 05-21-2021 01:47 PM
    No recommendations, but you could do an initial clean to make their time more effective. I like the oil based dust mop floor cleaner stuff, the stuff you broadcast all over then dust mop up. I don't recall what it's actually called. It catches everything on the floors! Then just throw it away.

------------------------------
    Matthew Isble
    Exhibit Designer & Founder of MuseumTrade.org
    misble@crockerartmuseum.org
    Crocker Art Museum
    Sacramento CA
    misble@crockerartmuseum.org
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more