Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Stroller policies

Posted 07-22-2019 04:22 PM

Good afternoon,

Our museum is revamping visitor policies, as well as exploring new programming for families. If possible can you please share your museum's policy for bringing strollers into the museum/galleries?

Thank you,

Kristi McMillan

Adult Programs Manager | 828.253.3227 x122 | kmcmillan@ashevilleart.org

ASHEVILLE ART MUSEUM | Opening summer 2019 | 2 South Pack Square, Asheville, NC 28801

M PO Box 1717, Asheville, NC 28802 | F 828.210.9826 | ashevilleart.org

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Stroller policies

Posted 07-23-2019 08:51 AM
    At the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, I would say that our biggest problem with strollers is all of the secret pockets where food and beverages can be hidden in them, and dropped all over the place. We have a policy against food and beverages in our exhibit halls, but no policy against strollers. And it's pretty awkward to ask a busy mom with little kiddos if we can search her stroller. So basically we just follow them around and pick up trails of Cheerios all day.  I will be interested to hear my colleagues' input on this issue -Lee

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Stroller policies

Posted 07-24-2019 07:01 AM
    Adding to my last comment, we do have a small room for toddlers and their parents to explore specific touchable exhibits; we have a designated Stroller Parking area just outside (parents can still see their strollers through a big picture window).

------------------------------
    Lee Gambol
    Distance Learning Coordinator
    Cleveland Museum of Natural History
    Cleveland OH
    ------------------------------