Open Forum

View Only

Film Preservation Master's Project Survey

• 1.  Film Preservation Master's Project Survey

Posted 02-06-2018 12:45 PM
    Hello AAM Community,

My name is Ashley Franks-McGill. I am a graduate student at John F. Kennedy University earning dual Master's degrees in Museum Studies and Business Administration with an emphasis in collections management. I am conducting research for my Master's project with organizations who hold film in their collections and repositories. This research project has received Institutional Review Board approval.

My experience at Oddball Films realized my passion for the preservation of film and moving images. We, as archivists, have the responsibility of collecting and preserving these historical pieces of American culture. The fundamental question this research asks is: what resources could be useful for untrained staff in small museums to develop and implement a strategic plan for processing and preserving film collections that are not being managed?

I am conducting a short survey with organizations that hold film in their collections. The survey will only take 5-10 minutes to complete. Your participation is voluntary but your answers will be a great contribution to my research. Please feel free to also pass this survey link on to others who you think may be interested in participating.

Survey link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHbHsSKqtJW6hQ6zuQz0ripmRi6TUFAbDZm7IennVPp-kEmQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

All the best,

Ashley Franks-McGill

--
    Ashley Franks-McGill
    Student ~ Dual Masters Degrees in Museum Studies and Business Administration ~ 2018
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more