Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  NAGPRA Grants for FY20 Deadlines Approaching

Posted 01-23-2020 02:54 PM
    The National NAGPRA Program is currently accepting applications for their Consultation/Documentation and Repatriation grant programs. Museums with possible NAGPRA collections, Indian tribes, and Native Hawaiian organizations are eligible to apply. Access more information and links to the Grants.gov opportunities through the NAGPRA Grants website: https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nagpra/grant-opportunities.htm. Deadlines to apply are February 14, 2020 for Consultation/Documentation grants, and April 10, 2020 for Repatriation grants. Direct questions to Sarah Glass at nagpra_grants@nps.gov or 202-354-2201. 

------------------------------
    Sarah Glass
    Notice and Grant Coordinator
    National Park Service
    Washington DC
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: NAGPRA Grants for FY20 Deadlines Approaching

Posted 01-24-2020 08:31 AM
    Dear Sarah,
    The Chief of the Nottoway Indian Tribe is in my pottery class. Do I have your permission to pass along this information to her?

Best regards,
    Steven Glass

Steven Glass
    Richmond VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: NAGPRA Grants for FY20 Deadlines Approaching

Posted 01-24-2020 09:51 AM

Hello Steven,

Absolutely! However, it's important for me to mention that while only Federally-recognized Tribes are eligible to directly receive these grants, non-Federally recognized Tribes (like the Nottoway) may partner on grants with Museums and/or Federally-recognized Tribes. Please encourage her to contact me with any eligibility questions and I can give her more details.

Thank you!

Sarah

Sarah Glass
    Notice and Grant Coordinator
    National Park Service
    Washington DC

• 4.  RE: NAGPRA Grants for FY20 Deadlines Approaching

Posted 01-24-2020 10:11 AM
    Thank you Sarah. My classes at VMFA start back up next week. This will be a nice welcome for Lynette. 
    Many thanks,
    Steven Glass

Sent from my iPhone