Open Forum

View Only

Don't Raid the Cookie Jar--A report from the December convening

• 1.  Don't Raid the Cookie Jar--A report from the December convening

Posted 02-06-2018 11:31 AM
    I want to draw your attention to a recent post by Alliance CEO Laura Lott over on Alliance Labs, in which she talks about "Don't Raid the Cookie Jar: Creating Early Interventions to Prevent Deaccessioning Crises," a convening was held December 14-15, 2017 in Cambridge, MA, and organized in partnership with the Association of Art Museum Directors, the American Association for State and Local History, the Association for Academic Museums and Galleries, and the New England Museum Association. The event brought together over 40 people to begin to figure out what kind of early warning system might help surface incipient financial crises early enough that practical alternatives can be explored, and to envision what we – the museum field – could offer to fellow museums during times of financial stress to promote solid, ethical decision-making. 

Laura's post links to a summary of the ideas generated in the Cookie Jar discussions. My colleagues and I encourage you to use this discussion thread to continue the conversation and build on these ideas.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Merritt
    VP Strategic Foresight & Founding Director, CFM
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more