Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Newly created Chapter of Museovision professional group

Posted 05-02-2020 02:03 PM

On the platform of WhatsApp (well-known mobile application), a professional group called Museovision has been functioning since July 16, 2016. At present, it has 179 members from India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Oman and U.S.A. Out of 187 members, there are at present 180 members from India. Museovision is a non-profit making

group for fostering concepts of Traditional and New Museology. It will be proven with positive support of members a platform for fruitful interactions and exchange of information which will enrich our professional experiences.

Since yesterday, on the platform of WhatsApp,  I've created a sub-group of the Museovision, called "USA,S'pore & Oman Ch-Mvn." I'm member of ICOM since 1998 and member of AAM since 11/30/2020.

There are several museums in USA which possess sculptures, paintings, manuscripts, anthropological, geological, botanical, zoological specimens from India. For example, in San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences possesses a fossil specimen of the Ammonite collected by me from field work from Kutchh region of Gujarat state in India. That specimen is of Jurassic period.

In view of the above, I appeal especially those museum professionals in U.S.A. who use WhatsApp application and are members of AAM and/or ICOM-US to join the newly created group: USA,S'pore & Oman Ch-Mvn. The membership is free.

Nandan Shastri

Retiree Museum Professional

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Newly created Chapter of Museovision professional group

Posted 05-02-2020 04:43 PM
    Those who want to contact me for joining the Group: "USA,S'pore & Oman Ch-Mvn," my email id is nandan.shastri@gmail.com
    I work as a volunteer at Asian Art Museum since 2008 and at the Lawrence Hall of Science, U C Berkeley since 2011.
    Nandan Shastri
    Admin
    USA,S'pore & Oman Ch-Mvn Group

------------------------------
    NANDAN SHASTRI
    Curator
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more