Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Extedned Evening Hours

Posted 03-28-2018 06:28 PM
    Hello,

We have kicked around the idea of extended evening hours more than once at our museum. Looking to pick some minds from outside our walls.

What is your experience with extended hours at your institution? Which day of the week works best in your community? How did you effectively market? 
    Successes? Failures? Adaptations?

Thank you,

René A. Ballesteros

Programs & Events Officer

Museum of South Texas History (MOSTHistory)

200 N Closner Blvd | Edinburg, TX 78541 USA

P: 956-383-6911 | 956-381-8518

rballesteros@mosthistory.org | MOSTHistory.org

American Alliance of Museums Accredited Museum

<u5:p></u5:p><u5:p></u5:p>

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Extedned Evening Hours

Posted 03-29-2018 10:07 AM
    Hi Rene:

Can you tie into any nearby activity? For instance, a lot of the retail establishments near us are open late on Thursdays, as is City Hall, so that's a good evening for us.

By the way, I've never been to your museum, but I know there are at least two bricks that memorialize my uncle Jack McKeever there (one of which I bought).

Sue

------------------------------
    Susan Goganian
    Director
    Historic Beverly
    Beverly MA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Extedned Evening Hours

Posted 03-29-2018 10:54 AM
    At the Briscoe Western Art Museum, we are open late (with free admission) on Tuesday evenings, and incorporate many of our programs on that night as well. The city offers free parking and other programs as well on Tuesday nights. Many other museums in the city are open on Tuesday evenings.

Rebecca Gonzalez
    Education & Programs Coordinator
    Briscoe Western Art Museum
    San Antonio TX