Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thomas Moran chromolithographs

Posted 04-04-2019 08:54 AM

We are looking for Prang chromolithographs of Yellowstone and associated western scenes for our summer exhibition at the Thomas & Mary Nimmo Moran Studio in East Hampton, NY.  Please let me know if your collections may have one and if it might be available for loan.

Richard Barons, chief curator

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Thomas Moran chromolithographs

Posted 04-06-2019 08:38 AM
    Richard,

We recently <g class="gr_ gr_380 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="380" data-gr-id="380">printed  </g><g class="gr_ gr_379 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="379" data-gr-id="379"><g class="gr_ gr_380 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" id="380" data-gr-id="380">a</g> reproduction</g> of a Prang, "Old Mens <g class="gr_ gr_403 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="403" data-gr-id="403">Reminisences</g>" for the Dillaway-Thomas House in Roxbury, MA. The Prang shop was located in Roxbury from  1860 onward. There is a wonderful online collection of Prang's work on Digital Commonwealth and at the Boston Public Library.
    Of <g class="gr_ gr_290 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="290" data-gr-id="290">course</g> you may be seeking original prints. I saw your post and just had to share, Prang did much to enhance the visuals around us.

Ed

------------------------------
    Edward Malouf

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Thomas Moran chromolithographs

Posted 04-26-2019 04:58 PM
    I think a collector in town might have chromolithographs of photos taken by William Henry Jackson of the same subject. If these are of interest to you. I can inquire if they still have them.

Olivia Lahs-Gonzales
    Director
    The Sheldon Art Galleries
    Saint Louis MO