Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Image rights and Permission

Posted 05-31-2021 09:58 AM
    Edited by Geetha V 05-31-2021 10:06 AM
    Hi can any one help me with some input for Image rights and permission ? 

A quick check on the image copy rights and permission.  I would like to understand on how do institutions manage this task inhouse ?  I would like to understand the cost involved in creating art log and clearing image permission. We would like to understand the market price, that institutions are spending on or willing to spend. 

We are currently trying to formulate a very cost effective pricing based on our customer's expectation and experience. 

One of our new client, is looking for this service from us and we need your input / or recommendation in this subject, as to what should be the ideal pricing model that can help any institutions to look this service as a scalable model. 

Thanks
    ~Geetha
    geethavijayanand@codemantra.com
    781-443-8278
    ------------------------------
    ~Geetha
    Director Client Relations
    Burlington MA
    codemantra
    www.codemantra.com
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Image rights and Permission

Posted 06-01-2021 09:08 AM
    To begin with, it would depend if these are images which your organization retains the copyright to which you are going to license to your client OR is your client requesting you find and license imagery for their project for a service fee.  To at least get an idea of image pricing, I would suggest checking with established agencies like Getty Images or Alamy to see what marketing pricing is.  If these are your own images, you can certainly set the price lower than market for your clients if you wish.

Be sure to define what rights you are giving them when you do so. You would need to decide if you want to use a rights managed model or a royalty free model; the former would provide cheaper pricing for a specific use versus the latter which is higher pricing for wider uses. I would again suggest checking image agencies for more information on market practice.

Rebecca Dupont
    Arlington VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Image rights and Permission

Posted 06-02-2021 07:05 AM
    Hi Rebecca,

Thanks so much for your kind input, very helpful. 

~Geetha
    geethavijayanand@codemantra.com
    781-443-8278

~Geetha
    Director Client Relations
    Burlington MA
    codemantra
    www.codemantra.com