Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Reopening and cleaning checklists for museum spaces/noncollections

Posted 05-11-2020 03:27 PM
    Hello all,
    I hope today finds you well.
    We are preparing to reopen our small history museum (2 person staff) in Texas and I am wondering what types of daily cleaning checklists other small museums are using for this current time to both keep staff and visitors safe and also comply with best practices as required by your insurance companies.
    Thanks very much for any input.
    Hope everyone stays well and safe.
    Best,
    Steph

------------------------------
    Stephanie Jarvis
    Director
    Texas Cotton Gin Museum
    Burton TX
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Reopening and cleaning checklists for museum spaces/noncollections

Posted 05-12-2020 07:09 AM
    Below are two documents Connecticut has prepared anticipating eventual re-opening.  But I would advise strongly, considering the variety (particularly among historic sites), that you engage an ad hoc committee or panel that includes at least one healthcare professional.  Perhaps your City's Health Director would be willing to serve?

Vivian F. Zoë, Director
    Slater Memorial Museum
    108 Crescent Street, Norwich CT 06360
    860-425-5560 vox
    860-885-0379 fax

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work," Chuck Close, 2003

Please note:  The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients.  If the reader/recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail and all attachments hereto in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and destroy the original message received.  Thank You.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Reopening and cleaning checklists for museum spaces/noncollections

Posted 05-12-2020 11:52 AM
    Hi Stephanie,
    We have some articles at home page of my website that might be helpful.
    Go to www.artmanaskconsulting.com
    Hope it is helpful.
    Best regards,
    Art

Art Manask
    Principal
    Art Manask Consulting
    artmanask@gmail.com
    818 358-3588